Company holidays are managed using Group calendars, typically by the Playbook Administrator.
- In Admin, Resources belong to a Department, and the Department belongs to a Group. Company holidays are managed using the Group's calendar which are then inherited by all resources in that Group. Click here for a refresher on Groups in Admin.
- For Company holidays, Groups are typically defined by location, in this example, US, and UK. Notice there are 'duplicate' Departments, each belonging to a different Group.
- Projects can be organized in Playbook using different Groups than the groups used to control Company holidays.
- To configure company holidays, click the Working Days tab.
- Click on the Calendar Filter and then select Groups.
- Right-click on the Group Calendar where you want to create the company holidays, in this example, US, and then click Calendar Properties.
- In the Days Off / On page, click Add then enter the Name of the company holiday and the From/To dates. The company holidays are automatically inherited by all resources in the Group.
- Calendar entries can be copied and pasted from one Group to another.
- Need a hand? Contact a Customer Success Engineer today!