A new task can quickly and easily be inserted between two existing tasks.
- Highlight a link by hovering over it, then right-click, then click Insert Task.
- Enter the new task's title, assign a resource, and estimate its duration and hours of effort (Work). The predecessor and successor links are automatically assigned.
- The new task is inserted just below the predecessor (not just above the successor).
Links can quickly and easily be deleted by clicking on the link itself.
- Highlight a link by hovering over it. From/To information is displayed.
- Right-click then click Delete Link.
Text in Task Titles and/or Descriptions can quickly and easily be replaced for one or more tasks.
- Select one or more tasks, then right-click, and click More > Replace Text.
- Enter the Text to Replace and the text to Replace with. In this example, the text backpanel is being replaced with the text auxiliary. Note: replacing text is not case-sensitive.
- The Scope can be set to either Selected tasks or This project.
- Coming soon - in a week or two you'll have a Find/Replace icon.
Copy/Paste Variable Text
Variable text is automatically recognized during the Copy/Paste operation.
- Variable text is defined as any text between a less than and a greater than sign (<variable text>).
- In this example, <Part Name> and <P#> are both defined as variable text.
- During a Copy/Paste operation, <Part Name> and <P#> are pre-populated in the Replace Text portion of the Copy/Paste window.
- Need a hand with anything? Contact a Customer Success Engineer today!