A warning now appears when there is a summary task on the critical path whose duration is not set to Auto, therefore is longer than its subtasks.
- For example, the summary task Auxiliar PCBA Fab has a duration longer than its subtasks.
- A message appears in the Warnings List.
- Looking at the summary's Task Properties, Auto is not checked so the duration has been manually entered (in this example 26 days) and is not determined by its subtasks.
- Checking Auto forces the summary's duration to be determined by its subtasks (in this example 20 days).
- In this example, the summary task is no longer on the critical path.
- This warning helps to ensure the summary task's duration isn't longer than it should be which might be incorrectly indicating a delay.