Understand how to administer Departments
Departments | Purpose
- Departments are used to organize resources & users in groups that are used in Playbook as well as reports.
- Each department is affiliated with one group. Resources & users are assigned to one department which therefore determines their group affiliation.
Departments | Group Affiliations
- In this example, Resource 1 is in Department 1, and Resource 2 is in Department 2. Both departments are in Group 1 as are Projects 1 & 2. Resource 1 is assigned to Project 1 and Resource 2 is assigned to Projects 1 & 2.
- In this example, Resource 3 is in Department 3, and Resource 4 is in Department 4. Both departments are in Group 2 as are Projects 3 & 4. Resource 3 is assigned to Project 3 and Resource 4 is assigned to Project 4.
- Resource 2 is in Group 1 because he is assigned to Department 2, however, he is also assigned to Project 4 in Group 2. If Group 2 doesn't have restricted visibility, he will be able to see Project 3 as well, however, if Group 2 does have restricted visibility, he will not be able to see Project 3.
Departments | Creating